Monday, March 07, 2005
The collection includes valuable texts and dictionaries
(1) A dictionary of Sanscrit and English by William Yates,(1792-1845), 928 p. Calcutta, Baptist Mission Press, 1846.
(2) A Sanskrit-English dictionary compiled by Arthur A. Macdonell (1854-1930), 384 p., London, New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1893.
(3) Latin-Sanskrit Glossarium comparativum linguae sanscritae compiled by Francisco Bopp (1791-1867), 492 p., Berolini, Libraria Dümmleriana (Harrwitz et Gossman), 1867.
(4) Rig-Veda-sanhita translated by H.H. Wilson (1786-1860)
(5) Sakti; or, Divine power (a historical study based on original Sanskrit texts) by Sudhendu Kumar Das.
(6) The land of the Veda: being personal reminiscences of India by Rev. William Butler (1818-1899).
(7) A history of civilisation in ancient India based on Sanscrit literature / by Romesh Chunder Dutt (1848-1909).
(8) "Chips from a German workshop" and also "Lectures on the origin and growth of religion as illustrated by the religions of India" By Max Müller (1823-1900)
(9)A short history of Marathi literature : being a biographical and critical survey of Marathi literature from the early period down to the present times ; by M.K. Nadkarni, 1921.