Thursday, April 09, 2009
Font converters for Indic scripts
- Converters from Older fonts to Unicodes and reversed. Agra font , Chanakya, DV-YogeshEN, DVB-YogeshEN, DVBW-YogeshEN, HTChanakya, krutidev010, shivaji , shrI-lipi. Includes conversion for Sanskrit99 (need to fix conjunts dva, hR^i, ru, dya, ~N, ~nch, ~nj, etc.)
- Jagdeep Singh Dangi's Prakhar Devanagari Font Parivartak is supposed to refined way to convert Hindi from various font family to unicode. It is reported in hindimedia.in. Read about Jagdeep Dangi's other achivements by clicking at "More.." at the bottom of his webpage or Bhasha Setu news item in bhashaindia.com among many success stories.
- Parivartan software to convert XDVNG to Unicode. mirror.
- Additionally, Language Technologies Research Center, LTRC of IIIT has unicode converters for ISCII, DevPooja, DevPriya, DV/DVB Yogesh, ,and Shusha. Rajneesh Mangla's converters for various Hindi sites using their own specialized fonts such as naiduniya/webdunia, st/sahityakunja, krutidev/arjun, amara ujala, chanakyam bhasakar, surekh.
- Track the comprehensive Wikipedia entry for Devanagari converters.
- After conversion to unicode, use Ajit Krishnan's mudgala IME Unicode to Itrans conversion before processing in Itrans processor.
Other useful tools.
- Search unicode character in any of the scripts, for examples Devanagari and Roman+Diacritics as Latin Extended A. Also see A to Z Index of Unicode Characters with example I WITH MACRON, LATIN SMALL LETTER. Add to it Wikipedia entry for Unicode.
- See how your webpage will look under different OS/browser combinations.